03 September 2007

finally.

the final stretch to virginia was long but uneventful. before church, we went to a coffee shop that was highly recommended by my friend holly and it was a really cool place. i would have liked to have spent some time there. mars hill was a really neat experience. it meant a lot to me that my dad came and i think it was alright for him. rob bell was there which was awesome; he is really tall! it was a great sermon about entering the kingdom as little children. grand rapids was really pretty from what i saw, i wish that i could have spent more time there too, maybe with someone to show me around. i'll go back one day.
----
my poor cats were pretty uncomfortable but they made it fine. so many changes! they hadn't let me sleep very well at the hotel but i was able to nap in the car. we didn't stop very much because i was just anxious to get there. i slept through most of ohio and pennsylvania kinda just kept going. by 11 o'clock last night, we finally made it.
----
my dad and i not doing anything exciting before he goes home tomorrow. but that's okay. joseph and michael start school tomorrow and then things will fall into sme sort of routine which i look forward to. this should be a fun experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

on one hand, im very glad youre settling in, that you got to see the summer that you did, not to mention a whole bunch of miles closer than you were,...very glad...

on the other hand im very sorry for you and your dad's loss, know that my prayers are with you and that im here if you need me...always...

yours,

. me .

Cindy Carlsson said...

I'm glad you and your dad and the cats made it out there safely and without the cats getting too stressed!

Your dad told me about your grandmother. I'm very sorry. I hope you have good memories of her. I also hope you are able to settle in and really enjoy being where you are -- you've had a quite a summer of change and loss and new experience -- time to try to figure out how all that fits together. Best of luck from both of us and keep blogging.

Cindy & Lane