10 July 2007

des moines, iowa

nothing against the people here but des moines is kind of a gross city. it only took me three and a half hours to get here but i already feel so far from home. but that's not a bad thing. hanging out with kristen has been really fun. we drove around the city, biked downtown (not very bike friendly though), ate food, drank coffee, and just talked. today i got to sleep in in a big bed and am being lazy until i depart for my next stop. this afternoon i am off to topeka, kansas to see my old bible college friend amy and her husband. and my road trip extravaganza continues.

4 comments:

Cindy Carlsson said...

Yay! She's on the road. I hope your drive through Iowa's cornfields goes well.

Kerribelle said...

Kait, my dear daughter, you go girl and be safe on this adventure. Keep singin and smilin.

gleyshull said...

Gee, I thought Des Moines was okay. Maybe you're in the wrong part of town. Godspeed across the heartland! Call often!

lorijh said...

Kait, I think it's great that you are hitting the road to travel and make this brave transition in your life!

I never said thank you for the beautiful, handmade Valentine's card you sent me! That meant so much to me, Kait. You are in my thoughts often. Hope you put some pictures on your blog!