27 July 2007

reading and hearing. part one.

i am reading "notre-dame de paris" by victor hugo (otherwise known as "the hunchback of notre-dame") right now. it's been a slow start. there are a lot of descriptions of paris with it's architecture and city layout that have nothing to do with the actual story. but it's good anyway, one that will give me a sense of accomplishment when i finish it. and the music that is getting stuck into my head, and thus listened to the most, is rocky votolato's album "makers." so beautiful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kait! That's awesome you like Rocky Votolato! He's the singer that got me into folk rock music a month or two ago. I first heard of him when I was reading about The Blood Brothers on Wikipedia, then decided to hear him. Makers is a VERY good album :D. I keep meaning to buy the album, but I start spending too much money on CDs. I haven't yet gotten into his newest album.

Well, I just finished reading all of your current blogs right now, and I miss you, and I wish we could've hung out before you went, and I also hope you have a GREAT rest of the road trip! Also, I hope you enjoy your book.

Anonymous said...

hi there - do you have an eta for alexandria, va? you said aug 5th and then returning around labor day. we look forward to having you here.